Who is it for?
Those who look at diving as a profession and are looking to make money in it.
What are the course prerequisites?
- At least 18 years old
- Have a Dive Master degree or equivalent
- At least 60 registered divers
- Passing the course of first aid, CPR and Oxygen Provider
The Assistant Instructor Course is designed to build on the SDI Divemaster Program by gaining practical teaching experience, learning to prepare lesson plans, and give academic presentations. You will work with an instructor to gain experience teaching before moving on to the Open Water Scuba Diver Instructor level. Once you complete the Specialty Instructor training with a qualified Instructor Trainer, you can become qualified to teach several Specialty Diver courses.
What’s in it for you?
- Teach and certify students in the Snorkeling Course
- Conduct the Inactive Diver/Refresher Course
- Assist an active Instructor during approved diving courses, provided the activities are similar to the graduate’s prior training
- Supervise and conduct dives for certified divers provided the activities are similar to the graduate’s prior training
- Teach approved specialties after receiving instructor training in those specialties
Frequently Asked Questions
Diving requires you to have a minimum of health and fitness. If you have heart or respiratory problems or have recently had surgery, you will need to get a diving health certificate from your doctor. First Download and fill out the diving health form here, if your answer to the questions on this form is NO, you do not need a medical certificate, but if you answered two or three questions YES, you should Take this form to your specialist doctor and ask him to complete it for you.
- Prerequisites for participating in the course: Certified Divemaster or equivalent
- Minimum age: 18 yrs
After registering in WhatsApp, a group will be formed to coordinate the time of the classes.
During your stay on Qeshm Island and your personal expenses are at your own risk. Classes are held on Qeshm Island and near the city of Qeshm. It is better to pay attention to this point for staying.
- What you need for this course is an online classroom and PowerPoint training booklet and videos needed for the course.
- Basic diving suits and equipment, as well as equipment needed for any specialized diver, are provided.
- Classes are private and consist of 4 people
- A private boat is provided to the group members
- Divers are insured during practical training
At the end of the course, if you successfully pass the practical and written exams, you will receive the Assistant Instructor Certificate, which is one of the most valid diving certificates. This certificate does not have an expiration date.
$ 30 is charged separately by SDI for issuing a virtual card.
After passing this course, if you are interested in completing your specialty in diving coaching, you can participate in the Instructor Development course.